GardenGeri worked with GardenDebut(R) Communications VP Jim Thompson’s video concept, then wrote a script and story board, collaborating with Videographer Jon Hiblendon for the finished video.
GardenGeri cultivated national media and reaped quality editorial placements in dozens of trade journals and popular publications, plus placed Garden Debut(R) new plants in Better Homes & Gardens and Martha Stewart Radio trial gardens,
GardenGeri created a ‘Plant Statistics Chart” consolidating all the information needed by the trade, and wrote more than 60 such sheets for all Garden Debut’s new plant introductions. This allowed re-wholesealers and retailers to evaluate new introductions at a glance—and to order on the spot plants appropriate to their customers and USDA zones. Greenleaf reported that inquiries and sales surged with each Plant Statistics Chart release.
a subsidiary of Greenleaf Nursery Company, Inc.
Market Position: Greenleaf is an Industry-leading wholesale plant grower producing more than 14 million container plants annually. GardenGeri helped Greenleaf launch a new plant introductions division to differentiate their brand and provide continuing source of interest at the retail level.
Assignment: Launch new plant introductions subsidiary. GardenGeri’s services included:
- Write brand statement
- Interview breeders and growers of new plants
- Research and write press and social media materials
- Create the format for new plant description documents
- Write press releases for more than 60 new plant introductions
- Develop targeted national media list
- Concept, pitch, and place stories
- Engage test gardens and deliver trial plants
- Create bylined editorial articles
- Originate Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram pages for the company with daily posts
- Write video script, (see example)
- Write advertisements Develop PowerPoint presentation on breeder-to-market story
- Deliver presentation at Garden Writers Association annual conference.
Results: Garden Debut® grew from a start-up to a recognized brand on retail shelves across the country within its first 24 months.
Client Endorsement: “Geri has been wonderful, her knowledge and love of horticulture and her expertise in social media has moved my company’s marketing from the stone age to current times. Geri works well with our outside contacts, always personable and professional. Give her a task and it will be completed and on time. I would recommender Geri to anyone looking for help with PR, writing, social media and research.” —Jim Thompson, ASLA, VP Marketing, Garden Debut